Private medical insurance
Group policy number: 55314347699
What does the policy cover?
- Medical costs for diagnosis and tests, treatment and aftercare.
- Private consultation at a private hospital or clinic at a time to suit you.
- Access to the latest medical diagnostic tests and scans, including MRI, CT and PET scans.
- Treatment and aftercare at a private hospital with a private room or private wing of an NHS hospital.
- Access to the latest effective cancer treatment and drugs (including some not available on the NHS)
- Add-on benefit – accidental dental and prescription cash benefit – dental (£900 towards emergency dental treatment), prescriptions (£20 per year) – details of these benefits can be found on page 5 under the section "add-on – cash benefits".
Please refer to the Bupa policy summary for full benefit details.
How do I make a claim?
1. Contact your GP
You will require a GP referral to use your private medical insurance policy. When you visit your GP make them aware that you have a private medical insurance policy, your GP will then provide you with a referral to a specialist at which point you must then contact Bupa.
2. Gain authorisation
Before you receive a private consultation or treatment you must gain authorisation from Bupa. Contact them on the claims number detailed below and in your policy document and advise them of your referral. Bupa will then confirm if you are covered and, if so, provide you with a pre-authorisation number which you will need show to the consultant or clinician to whom you’ve been referred. This will ensure that fees are charged direct to Bupa.
3. Securing a diagnosis
If your consultant or specialist makes a diagnosis which means you require further treatment it is important you again contact Bupa to confirm that treatment is covered. This is because different policies offer different levels of cover. For example in-patient tests and treatments are included with most policies but the more comprehensive level will also include out-patient care. A quick phone call will confirm your status.
4. Getting treatment
When Bupa confirms that your treatment is covered they will again provide you with a pre-authorisation number. Present this to the hospital or clinic treating you to ensure fees are billed directly to Bupa.
5. Additional treatment and follow up appointments
It’s important to keep Bupa informed if you are required to undergo follow-up treatment or appointments.
Bupa claims line number – 0345 604 0623 (Option 1)
Opening times – Monday-Friday 8am-8pm / Saturday 8am-4pm
How to claim the optical cash benefit
Once you have the relevant receipt for your claim you simply need to email this directly to Bupa at Towergateeb@bupa.com or to email@example.com. This will then be sent to the claims team for processing in line with your policy benefits.
Policy documents and important information
Please note that dependent children can remain under family cover until the renewal following their 24th birthday.
For any assistance with making claims please contact the team who will be happy to help.