5 Arkwright Court
Get in touch
Private medical insurance
Group policy number: 3518V
What does the policy cover?
- Hospital costs including accommodation, tests, surgery, drugs and dressings
- Specialist and anesthetist, fees if you have treatment as an in-patient or day-patient
- Radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Accommodation for one parent while a child is in hospital
- Outpatient CT, MRI and PET scans
- Outpatient surgery
- 24/7 access to healthcare experts by phone or online
How do I make a claim?
1. Contact your GP
You will require a GP referral to use your Private Medical Insurance policy. When you visit your GP make them aware that you have a Private Medical Insurance policy, your GP will then provide you with a referral to a specialist at which point you must then contact your chosen insurer.
2. Gain authorisation
Before you receive a private consultation or treatment you must gain authorisation from your insurer. Contact them on the claims number detailed above and in your policy document and advise them of your referral. Your insurer will then confirm if you are covered and, if so, provide you with a pre-authorisation number which you will need show to the consultant or clinician to whom you’ve been referred. This will ensure that fees are charged direct to your insurer.
3. Securing a diagnosis
If your consultant or specialist makes a diagnosis which means you require further treatment it is important you again contact your insurer to confirm that treatment is covered. This is because different policies offer different levels of cover. For example in-patient tests and treatments are included with most policies but the more comprehensive will also include out-patient care. A quick phone call will confirm your status.
4. Getting treatment
When your insurer confirms that your treatment is covered they will again provide you with a pre-authorisation number. Present this to the hospital or clinic treating you to ensure fees are billed directly to your insurer.
5. Additional treatment & follow up appointments
It’s important to keep your insurer informed if you are required to undergo follow-up treatment or appointments.
How do I contact AXA PPP?
AXA PPP claims number – 0800 206 1808 (lines open – 8.00am – 8.00pm Monday to Friday / 9.00am to 5.00pm Saturday)
Policy documents and important information
Your six week option affects what happens if you need in-patient treatment, day-patient treatment or surgery:
- If your treatment or surgery is available on the NHS within six weeks, then you’ll use the NHS.
- If your treatment or surgery isn’t available on the NHS within six weeks, then you can have it privately straight away
Your six week option doesn’t affect anything else. For example, if you need to see a specialist, you can do this straight away regardless of the NHS wait (as long as it’s covered by your membership)
Excess is payable per policy year per individual