5 Arkwright Court
Get in touch
Private medical insurance
Group policy number: 55314503727
What does the policy cover?
- Medical costs for diagnosis and tests, treatment and aftercare, providing the treatment is eligible.
- Private consultation at a private hospital or clinic at a time to suit you.
- Access to the latest medical diagnostic tests and scans, including MRI, CT and PET scans.
- Treatment and aftercare at a private hospital with a private room or private wing of an NHS hospital.
- Access to the latest effective cancer treatment and drugs (including some not available on the NHS).
- Cash benefits for treatment on the NHS, exclusions apply.
How do I make a claim?
1. Contact your GP
You will require a GP referral* to use your private medical insurance policy. When you visit your GP, tell them that you have a private medical insurance policy. Your GP will then provide you with a referral, at which point you must contact Bupa.
2. Gain authorisation
Before you receive a private consultation or treatment you must gain authorisation from Bupa. Contact them on 0345 755 3377 and advise them of your referral. Bupa will then confirm if you are covered and, if so, provide you with a pre-authorisation number which you will need show to the consultant or clinician to whom Bupa have provided the details for. This will ensure that fees are charged direct to Bupa.
3. Securing a diagnosis
If your consultant or specialist makes a diagnosis which means you require further treatment, it is important you again contact Bupa to confirm that treatment is covered. A quick phone call will confirm your status.
4. Getting treatment
When Bupa confirms that your treatment is covered they will again provide you with a pre-authorisation number. Present this to the hospital or clinic treating you to ensure fees are billed directly to Bupa.
5. Additional treatment and follow ups
It’s important to keep Bupa informed if you are required to undergo follow-up treatment or appointments.
If you need to contact Bupa call the claims number: 0345 609 0444
*A GP referral is not always necessary if you have muscle, bone or joint conditions.
Policy documents and important information
If you would like to make an amendment to your policy please contact your HR department
Please note there is a £200 excess on the policy which applies per person per policy year.
- Healthy mind hub
- Cancer hub
- Heart and circulation hub
- Bupa Rewards: Bupa bring you many exclusive offers and a range of discounts, keep checking back for the latest rewards Bupa Rewards
Still got a question? Try Bupa’s FAQs page