5 Arkwright Court
Get in touch
Private medical insurance with Aviva
Group policy number: 52263G
What does the policy cover?
- Medical costs for diagnosis and tests, treatment and aftercare, providing the treatment is eligible.
- Private consultation at a private hospital or clinic at a time to suit you.
- Access to the latest medical diagnostic tests and scans, including MRI, CT and PET scans.
- Treatment and aftercare at a private hospital with a private room or private wing of an NHS hospital.
- Cash benefits for treatment on the NHS, exclusions apply.
How do I make a claim?
1. Contact your GP
You will require a GP referral to use your private medical insurance policy. When you visit your GP make them aware that you have a private medical insurance policy. Your GP will then provide you with a referral, at which point you must then contact your chosen insurer.
2. Gain authorisation
Before you receive a private consultation or treatment you must gain authorisation from Aviva. Contact them on 0800 158 3333 and advise them of your referral. Aviva will then confirm if you are covered and, if so, provide you with a pre-authorisation number which you will need show to the consultant or clinician to whom Aviva have provided the details for. This will ensure that fees are charged direct to Aviva.
3. Securing a diagnosis
If your consultant or specialist makes a diagnosis which means you require further treatment it is important you again contact Aviva to confirm that treatment is covered. A quick phone call will confirm your status.
4. Getting treatment
When Aviva confirms that your treatment is covered they will again provide you with a pre-authorisation number. Present this to the hospital or clinic treating you to ensure fees are billed directly to Aviva.
5. Additional treatment & follow up appointments
It’s important to keep Aviva informed if you are required to undergo follow-up treatment or appointments.
If you have any issues with the process please don’t hesitate to get in contact with the team.
If you need to make a claim, contact the Aviva claims line on: 0800 158 3333.
If you would like to make an amendment to your policy please contact your HR department.
Still got a question? Try Aviva’s chatbot