5 Arkwright Court
Get in touch
Private medical insurance from Bupa
Group policy number – 55314576091
What does the policy cover?
- Medical costs for diagnosis and tests, treatment and aftercare, providing the treatment is eligible.
- Private consultation at a private hospital or clinic at a time to suit you.
- Access to the latest medical diagnostic tests and scans, including MRI, CT and PET scans.
- Cash benefits for treatment on the NHS (exclusions apply)
How do I make a claim?
1. Contact your GP
You will require a GP referral* to use your private medical insurance policy. When you visit your GP make them aware that you have a private medical insurance policyl. Your GP will then provide you with a referral, at which point you must then contact your chosen insurer.
2. Gain authorisation
Before you receive a private consultation or treatment you must gain authorisation from Bupa. Contact them on 0345 604 0623 and advise them of your referral. Bupa will then confirm if you are covered and, if so, provide you with a pre-authorisation number which you will need show to the consultant or clinician to whom Bupa has provided the details for. This will ensure that fees are charged direct to Bupa.
3. Securing a diagnosis
If your consultant or specialist makes a diagnosis which means you require further treatment it is important you again contact Bupa again to confirm that this treatment is covered. A quick phone call will confirm your status.
4. Getting treatment
When Bupa confirms that your treatment is covered they will again provide you with another pre-authorisation number. Present this to the hospital or clinic treating you to ensure fees are billed directly to Bupa.
5. Additional treatment & follow up appointments
It’s important to keep Bupa informed if you are required to undergo follow-up treatment or appointments.
*A GP referral is not always necessary if you have muscle, bone or joint conditions.
How do I make a claim?
To make a claim you need to call Bupa on the number below, or visit their website for more details.
Bupa claims number: 0345 604 0623
Policy documents and important information
Bupa private medical insurance membership guide (please note this is a generic guide)
If you would like to make an amendment to your policy please contact your HR department.
- Bupa bring you many exclusive offers and a range of discounts, keep checking back for the latest rewards Bupa Rewards
- Babylon – this is a GP app offering you online access to advice and information
- Direct access – fast access to Bupa's support for mental wellbeing, cancer, cataracts, muscles, bones and joints
- Bupa Boost – a free, easy-to-use app that allows employees to take greater control of their personal fitness, nutrition, mindfulness and relaxation as well
- 24/7 Nurses Helpline – 0330 123 0925 for family and friends
Still got question? Try Bupa’s FAQs page