Stop a medical emergency becoming a financial disaster by making sure you have travel insurance
The Forces travel plan
Travelling abroad without insurance can prove costly should something go wrong. According to the Association of British Insurers (ABI), the average cost of a claim for medical expenses was £1,022 in 2014.
When you travel, make sure that you and your family's health is in safe hands by taking out travel insurance.
We’ve arranged a range of substantially discounted multi-trip, annual holiday and business travel insurances with no age limit and pre-existing conditions covered, especially for you.
Important update from AXA PPP healthcare about their Annual Travel Insurance
These are challenging and uncertain times. And, at AXA PPP healthcare, we are committed to pulling together with our members, partners and colleagues to find the right way through for all of us. We understand travel options are restricted right now. With that in mind, you will need to consider whether our annual travel insurance meets your travel needs for the coming year.
In response to the current circumstances we’ve set out some additional options and specific considerations for you to think about.
If you cancelled your policy after the 16th March 2020
- You can take out a new policy within 3 months of your cancellation date, or by no later than 1st August 2020 – whichever is the later date. You may review your level of cover to ensure it meets your needs, for example by reducing to Europe and UK only.
- Please call us on 01892 504 444 before 1st August 2020 when you are ready to take out cover.
If you have a current policy and wish to cancel now and take out a policy again later:
- Currently, we are not offering any new travel insurance - which means that if you choose not to renew your cover at this renewal, you will only be able to rejoin within 3 months of your cover ending.
- If you do choose to cancel your policy for a period of up to 3 months, we will give you a pro rata refund of the annual premium. This option is available if you’ve not claimed after renewal and you don’t wish to retain cancellation cover due to COVID-19 for any existing trip you booked before 14th March 2020.
- You can then take out a new policy up to 3 months from the date of the cancellation.
- Please email email@example.com to cancel your cover, giving your name, full address including postcode, and your policy number. Please also supply a contact telephone number in case we need to get in touch with you.
- Please bear with us as it may take up to 6 weeks to process your refund as we are experiencing high volumes of customer contacts at present.
- Please note that you can take out a new policy within 3 months of the date that your existing cover ceases. To do this please call us on 01892 504 444.
More information is available at www.axappphealthcare.co.uk/update-on-coronavirus
We will be monitoring the current situation regarding travel availability. If for any reason we extend the time period for taking out a new policy we will ensure we update the information on this website, so please do check for any update before you call.
About the plan
The plan, provided by AXA PPP healthcare, allows you to choose your level of cover from a list of four.
The policy is open to all FPS members who are 85 years of age or less at the date of joining and are resident in the UK. There are also no medical exclusions, provided you are fit to travel and not travelling against doctor’s advice and do not have a terminal diagnosis.
- Competitive premiums for all age groups, and discounts for couples and families
- Choice of trip durations, from 25 days to 6 months
- Cover includes: medical emergency and repatriation, cancellation and personal baggage
- Cruising included
- Winter sports cover inclusive with no age limit
- Europe and worldwide cover (including USA, Caribbean and Canada)
- Adventure sports option (available at an additional cost)
Cover is currently only available for trips commencing and ending in the UK.
Good to know
The plan is available to all members of the Forces Pension Society. If you are not currently a member of The Forces Pension Society, visit their website to find out how to sign up.
The plan is currently only available to those who reside within the UK, with the exception of serving members of the UK Forces and their families, who are on overseas duty.
If you are an EEA resident, you can purchase a travel insurance policy designed specifically for non-UK based members. This is available on the FPS Travel section in the Members' Area of the Forces Pension Society website.
The role of Towergate Health & Protection and Forces Pension Society
Towergate Health & Protection is an independently authorised broker, who acts on your behalf.
To support their members, FPS works with Towergate Health & Protection to enable Towergate Health & Protection to market the plan, for which FPS receives a fee.
Towergate Health & Protection negotiates the overall renewal terms AXA PPP healthcare offers on this plan, with FPS agreeing the recommendation. FPS has no other role within the administration of this arrangement.
For clarity, there is no commercial agreement between AXA PPP healthcare and FPS, who do not represent you or negotiate any aspect of your annual travel / healthcare insurance with AXA PPP healthcare.
This policy is an individual contract of insurance between you and AXA PPP healthcare. The subscriptions under this arrangement are set each year by AXA PPP healthcare to take in to account the claims made by all the members of FPS and their family members covered under the product.
How to join
Speak to an adviser on 0800 389 7724 and enrol over the phone. Lines are open 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday.
Get in touchPlease complete the form below.
LeadGen - Forces PMI
LeadGen - Forces Travel
LeadGen - Forces Multiple